Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My grand plan for the next 3 months!

Here goes,(actual plan will change at my own discretion through the week, I'll post a more "written in stone" version at the end of the week)

    1. Week 1 -Research, design and conceptualize my two main characters(well, they're the only characters actually.)
      Tinman
      = probably someone like Alain Delon(Le Samourai)
      Nana
      = inspired by the gorgeous Anna Karina (Bande De Parte)
    2. Rough storyboard and Animatics.

  • Weeks 2-4 Model, texture said characters(sans sub surface)

  • Weeks 3-4 wrap up modeling/texturing my environment/set

    1. Weeks 4-11(on going) design so called glass and steel structures for matte
    2. design, conceptualize, model, rig props(steam apparatuses)
    3. create matte painting of background of "Paris"
    4. create moving back ground elements(airships etc)

  • Weeks 5-6 Refining subsurface "skin" shader network and applying it to characters

  • Weeks 7-11 rig Characters

  • time permitting, dynamics- cloth, particle effects(dust, steam, etc).

  • wrapping up preproduction for the most part.
If all goes well and I complete storyboards, preproduction bibles, I can hopefully start animatic/previz, "hire" voice actors, and be prepared to start animation by the end of this quarter.

1 comment:

The Klein-o-nator said...

sounds great to me as a plan. the next step is to figure out where you will be at each week.